Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Romantic Poet of the Internet: Sixfold Eloquences

Tomorrow night there will be a new program in my iTunes podcast - The Romantic Poet of the Internet...

the new short program is called "Sixfold Eloquences"...and contains readings of

*The Trellis of Human Experience
*Agent Invocateur
*I should have been immortal
*Copper
*Sex Cookies
-and-
*Will You Be With Me Tonight?

The first two were written during my tenure with Ann...the first towards the start when I considered the bumps just a part of the ride, the latter when I realized just how dysfunctional the relationship was.

ISHBI (I should have been immortal) dates back to a long time ago, when I was with Nancy (Psyche) and realizing, wistfully, that in one lifetime there "just isn't enough time for the roses" that you have to choose which life experiences to embrace, which to pass on.

Copper was written after my break with Karla, the Mad Gypsy...I started to believe that my purpose in life was to be the short-term transitional guy whose purpose was to help troubled, bruised women get back to life so that they could find someone to spend the rest of their lives with. Part of me still believes that. But I keep him locked up most of the time.

The next one, Sex Cookies, was written live, online, during a BS session in the Writers Den on AOL...my friend, Anastacia, suggested a title for a poem, and I wrote it live. Thanks O Fuzzy One!

and Will You Be With Me Tonight? was created at a time when I was first living in LA, heartsick over all I had surrendered to be with the Panther, realizing that I was the one trapped by my choces, that she could (and did) walk away from her requests...sort of like the question posed by Obi Wan Kenobi to Han Solo..."Who is the bigger fool..."

I used to enjoy the movie "What Dreams May Come"...but since my estrangement from my daughter, I can't...too painful. That's a first for me. Just mentioning it in passing.. I have only one more promise to keep. I'm not making any new ones...as people like to trip you up on them, then blame you for the failure of your intentions over their actions.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved