Sunday, November 20, 2005

RSS feeds and satanic magic tricks

Spent most of the last few hours labouring to bring to fruition the next part of my world-conquering master plan...RSS feeds.

Will have them up and iTunes compatible by tomorrow, or am climbing a skycraper with an aspiring actress in each hand (gonna do King Kong one better)

I am suffering from "West Wing" withdrawal. At least "Lost" came back in time to keep me from going completely, barkingly, wish-I'd-read-more-books-on-Houdine-so-I'd-know-how-to-get-out-of-a-straitjacket mad.

Actually, I think, during my magic phase I read all of the books on or about Houdini, so I do know how he got out of a straitjacket.

Which digresses me to another point. I was just informed the other day that the reason I lost my position as a Sunday School teacher more than three decades ago was becaue I did a magic trick for the kids. Notwithstanding I was called on to do them for parties of the kids from church, and even in Vacation Bible School...I was told, in no uncertain terms, that the one day I brought in the silks-to-oranges trick marked the beginning of the end for me because "some people do not consider magic biblical".

Wow. Glad to know, after thirty years, that I was doing the devil's work...someone get Andre Kole (the brilliant magical genius who used to tour for Campus Crusade for Christ, and let him know he better put out a statement...) Of course, I have been previously told that the reason I was ousted was my youth (although I was a year older than I had been when appointed) and the fact my girlfriend wore short skirts. Sigh.

I am bemused. Just reminding myself that the second agreement says that what people think or say about you says nothing about you and everything about them: It is a statement of their character, not yours. I am glad in a world of hunger, death, torture, suffering, terrorism, heart disease, abortion rights, racial strife, political unrest, war, cancer, earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, meth ice, streetgangs, white collar crime, flood, famine, nuclear proliferation, weapons of mass distraction and pestilence, we can still take time out to piss on the roses.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved