Friday, November 25, 2005

explaining the Explicit label

I've gotten a few comments from people who've noticed that I'm packing an EXPLICIT label on my iTunes podcasts. They want to know why.

Yeah, for a guy whose raciest works might be on a plane with a book in the Holy Bible (Song of Solomon) it's tough accepting the notion that there are people who consider my stuff unfit for the kiddies. I recall a few years back when an invitation to speak to a Christian Writers group was withdrawn because I was hosting the Romantic and Erotic Poetry Group on AOL. It seems Christians don't ever have sex or make love. Ever. Yeah, and they don't go to war, execute prisoners or cheat on their tax forms (let's not even start on that whole "Should a Christian own a radar detector" issue, shall we?)

Truth us, within the bond of marriage, Chrstians are completely free to express themselves sexually, and that means that compared to the other topics I just mentioned, it's the only clean zone.

Yeah, I'm a Christian...there are those around me, even friends and family, who do not approve of or accept my decision to join the Society of Friends (Quakers)...but that's because the level of awareness in modern society of what this group stands for is roughly akin to those 1st Century groups who thought that Christians were a sect of cannibalistic Jews (because they ate the flesh and drank the blood of their Messiah as part of their rituals...) I'm with the Quakers because I believe that Jesus did teach about non-violence and telling the truth, more succinctly than abortion, adultery, or whether or not to place the Ten Commandments on public property.

So, I placed the EXPLICIT label to make sure that anyone who wants to indulge their whim for outraged hypocrisy has a moving target in me.

Now, go play in traffic. I'm busy.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved