Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tag is it...

I finally. Finally. Got a piece by Daniel S. McTaggart up on the Radio City of Legends page...better check it out: Guerilla Poetry is the name.

Are Men Necessary? is the name of a new book that has tongues wagging. Funny, I explored that very thing in a novel I "assisted with"...

If the premise is that men do not like powerful, confident, intelligent women...I don't know where those gutless wonder guys go, but it isn't the path I walk...I am driven by the need, more than ever, to find a peer. Yes, I like beauty. But I also have found the truth of the old saying "Show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man who is tired of putting up with her crap."

That's not to say a beautiful woman can't also be brilliant and worthy, it is just that society so often expects so little of them other than beauty that they never get around to exploring their potential. Such a shame. Beautiful creatures trapped in the mason jars of small town mentality, dying from lack of air and freedom. Starving for opportunity. Withering into the night (sounds like a great opening line for a poem...)

I opened the Pandorian Box of my music files the other day, and now find myself humming dread melodies when silence finds me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for such beautiful poetry - stumbled upon your work when googling the term "sliver of light", and found your poem rather than the quote I was looking for - wonderful how the tendrils of technology lead you to what you need, rather than what you expect. Have reworked my own (mediocre) ramblings to fit your 261 schema with startling (albiet still mediocre) results.
C

William F. DeVault said...

C -

Thank you for the kind words, feel free to drop by anytime...I'd love to see your results!

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved