Saturday, November 26, 2005

Top Five Lists

I was just re-watching the wonderful film "High Fidelity" with John Cusack. I reflected on his character's tendency to make "Top Five" lists...

and decided to make a couple of myself:

Top Five Favourite Albums All Time:

1. Tom Cochrane: Mad, Mad World
2. Emerson Lake & Palmer: Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends...
3. David Bowie: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
4. The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
5. Prince: Purple Rain

Top Five Favourite Films All Time:

1. All That Jazz
2. Fight Club
3. The Usual Suspects
4. The Lion in Winter
5. What Dreams May Come (I just can't watch it anymore...)

Top Five Things I've Done Right

1. My Kids
2. The Compleat Panther Cycles (the book)
3. Moving to Los Angeles (1996)
4. Never walking away from a person in need
5. Listening to God (once in a while)

Top Five Favourite Flavours

1. Peppermint patties
2. Jasmine tea
3. Rose petal ice cream
4. Chicken livers
5. The back of a woman's neck

Top Five Poems I've Written

1. The Patchwork Skirt of My Love
2. Cithara Song, Stummed Lightly as the Sun Leaps the Horizon
3. The Unicorns
4. Damascus, Movement Three
5. Jasmine and Plumeria

There, I should get some hate mail over that. I was going to do the Top Five Regrets I have, but I realized three of them would have truly, deeply and unnecessarily offended and hurt others, so I better keep that one to myself.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved