Monday, November 07, 2005

hopefully ever after?

Just got through having my brain dissected by a friend who is a remarkable student of human nature...he's always afraid I'll be offended or hurt by his observations.

Nope. Not offended, and no real pain...most of his material is stuff I already know. A few new insights about why I'm 0 for 2 in the marriage department. His analysis: I treat women too well.

Yeah, I know. It's not that all women turn on you if you treat them too well, it is just I seem to have selected several in my life who have that little personality quirk. It has been suggested that I am attracted to the broken blossoms, the bruised flowers, and that those are not emotionally equipped to deal with someoe who isn't there to dish out further abuse...they anticipate the punch line and when it doesn't come, they actually grow disrespectful and bored.

Perhaps.

I'm not a hopeless romantic, but a hopeful one. Even bruised, the fragrance still lingers and the attar of inspiration is essential.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved