Thursday, November 17, 2005

If this is Thursday, I must still be sleeping alone

Waking up alone, with no one to snuggle, cuddle or get acrobatic with, it is easy to maintain my Blog...and my website...no distractions worth being distracted by...

This morning I finally got the all-clear and promoted three more sound files to the Radio City of Legends page...

Daniel S. McTaggart's "Punching Glass" about a true event from his youth.

Another from the aforementioned Tag-meister, entitled "An Assortment of Entrees", which is a short film in words of a scene at a local diner.

And my reading of "The 10th Panther Cycle: The Penetrating Rose" from my book THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. E.J. says this proves I should go and record the entirety of the book...but my numbers indicate that such a project would result in a run time for all the cycles of approximately 12 hours, once you add in the forewords and acknowledgements. Besides, this would step on one of my dream projects, to hold a 12-hour reading of the 'Cycles, live.

Anyone got a venue to suggest?

Anyway, check these out...then go and order a copy of TCPC from my bookstore, or the publisher, Lulu.com, or Amazon.com, etc...makes a great Christmas gift for a lover or someone you're trying to get the signal to. Note: If someone gives you a copy of this for Chrstmas, that's their way of saying "Let's go for it".

Got a form letter email yesterday from Xlibris, offering to have me come on board in their stable of gullible young authors. I wrote them back, pointing out that their statistics indicate that the average author they have has made less than $120 in royalties. Their actual words are "We have published over 14,000 titles and paid out over $1.6 million in royalties..." This is not an attractive offer to anyone with opposable thumbs.

Whoooooo! Yeah, I'm going to chuck my margins and relationship with my publishers over that...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved