Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks and a sneak peek at the new MP3

Happy Thanksgiving. Note to all: Quit asking for things from God and just, for one day, be thankful for the infinite bounty already granted. No one likes a greedy child, who asks for more while ignoring all they have already been granted...believe me.

Just moved the new podcast to the iTunes bin...it should be available to subscribers tonight about 9:45 pm Eastern Time...but...if you want to hear it now:

Sixfold Eloquences

I like the way this one came out, plus the spectrum of the works is good; showing my philosphical gain from the experiences of relationships, my anger at a retreating lover, my sexual playfulness. All in all, a nice mini-sampler of my poetry.

So, head over tot he iTunes Music Store, subscribing to and listening to/downloading my works is free, so go for it, wattle-face.

E.J. nudged me yesterday and told me that, according to his calculations, my average poem would take a bit over a minute to record as a reading. Multiplying that by nearly 12,000 works...without commentary we're looking at over 252 hours of soundfiles if I recorded them all.

Yikes. Better lay in a stock of Diet Coke (I prefer the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper, but as they haven't yet switched to Splenda, and aspartame rips the hell out of my vocal cords (and everything else it comes in contact with...how it ever got past the FDA remains a mystery)).

Tonight's the big Backyard Brawl here in Morgantown. Pitt is coming to town to play football against the WVU Mountaineers ...the Mounties are favoured and are right now 12th in the BCS rankings...if they win tonight and their last game they will be going to a major bowk ranked in the top ten.

I'm going to record a long program sometime in the next day or two. Dan McTaggart and I have discussed doing a half-hour give-and-take session about our works, It might be fun.

Later, all.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved