Tuesday, November 08, 2005

new 'casts, the need to be needed and a new poem

Added three new podcasts to the Radio City of Legends site:

-The Darker Angels

-a discussion of my muse, The Goldenheart, inclusing readings from "the goldenheart cycles"

-a discussion of and reading from my book, "The Compleat Panther Cycles"

Together they bring the complete library up to almost three hours...we're humping along now...I was having some problem with the CCpublisher module I was using for the uploads to archive.org, but I licked the problem and got the logjam cleared out.

Need. That was the second half of Thomas' talk with me yesterday...he spoke of need. How, in his perception, women need to be needed. He says that since I don't seem to need, I frustrate them. I agree that I am a bit more resilient than most...and that I do not give in to emotional ultimatums (they've been tried) but my need is as great, or greater, than anyone's...indeed, the entire emotional engine that fuels me is predicated on having a woman to adore, to love and to be loved by...no one who has watched my emotional wreckage at the hands of a lover would doubt that.

I am just an able phoenix.

Just like the hero of Orson Scott Card's "A Thousand Deaths" I have died a thousand times, experienced the pain, the moment of death, in my heart, then found myself reborn. Unlike the character, though, I have not become inured to the pain...I felt Ann's absence from my life as totally as any betrayal by friend or lover. I know I held a little of myself back, as there was always that small speck of sanity in the recesses of a locked corner of my soul that knew she would leave once she was healed enough.

sparking
-------

An able phoenix I am, I trust,
A creature of fire, waiting dust
with a grin contorted with wisdom born of countless ressurrections.
I don't need your protection
I just want your affection
until the fuse runs out and the fire takes me back to start again.

William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved