Saturday, November 26, 2005

Poets for Human Rights

Feeling good this morning. Going to try to keep a positive mental outlook all day.

Did not hear back from my ex and kids on Thanksgiving. I must presume they either left town for the holidays (ragingly stupid, considering the weather forecasts, and Jan has never been someone you could accuse of tactical stupidity) or there was just no interest in talking to me...always nice to know I'm unwelcome.

And they wonder why I miss LA?

Had a nice exchange with Larry Jaffe over the last few days. Larry is an old friend, whose strength helped me get through some dark days (and for whom, when I wasn't listening to reason, I wrote the poem "Words for a well meaning friend full of shit". He recognized early on that the Panther and I were a disaster in the making, even after meeting her (actually, even more so))

Now he is one of the organizers of Poets for Human Rights. As a devotee of the cause of human rights, I have asked him to put me to work for his organization...expect to hear more from me in the coming days. In the interim, you can check them out at www.PoetsForHumanRights.org. Join, per heard.

Later, all...need my caffeine...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved