Thursday, November 17, 2005

drinking mirages

Didn't get the mondo-promo at work. My reaction was twofold: incredulity that they found anyone more qualified (unlikely) and that this frees me up for the other 8,426,922,389.4 things on my plate.

(listening to David Bowie's live rendition of his darkly erotic "Width of a Circle"...forgive me if I go off on tangents)

AuthorsDen contacted me...looks like they are going to use the recording of my reading the 10th Panther Cycle on their podcasts...that's good, very good. Maybe I will listen to E.J. They also wanted to employ some of my other recordings from Radio City of Legends. You go, guys.

I dreamt last night...rare enough for me, but I dreamt...jasmine. So, that corner of my soul is still alive. Theer was a story around that, blistering heat and stone figures and I was somehow thrust into scenes from some of my more allegorical works. It was...bracing.

I'm considering commissioning an official COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES mug through Cafe Press. Cheaper to give away than books!

Am I missing love or the illusion of love? I recall what I wrote in "Anamnesis"...

"if you drink the mirage you will still die of thirst."

Well, said, O god of poetry.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved