Wednesday, June 28, 2006

turned in 12 directions at once

Well, the site at MySpace is going gangbusters. I am delighted with the critical and personal-level response (even encountered some people I have not spoken with in years, from back in California, always gratifying).

I know I have been a bit quiet, of late, about my new book...101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS. But, if you recall, usually in the endtimes for all of my books, I get focused in on the project and withdraw, slightly, from the world. This is normal for me, I want this book to be as editorially perfect as its predecessor, 101 GREAT LOVE POEMS, and THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. To me, those are the "package" books...the ones where it all came together.

E.J. has actually suggested a slogan of "It all comes together" for this book...sort of tongue in cheek (I asked "Whose tongue and in whose cheeks?"). It has been fun getting to put this together, while at the same time the mixed emotions it inspires helping me in assembling RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE, what energy I have left goes into the podcasts, the music, the video (yes, I am working on a video) and, of course, the collaborative effort with Daniel S. McTaggart (author of MIDNIGHT MUSE IN A CONVENIENCE STORE) entitled PSALMS OF THE MONSTER RIVER CULT, which is actually a sort of sequel to THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS.

Confused? You should be...I am in the eye of the storm and some days I am turned in twelve directions at once...and I love it. Roaring at the sky in the fiercest of windstorms, that is my place in this world.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved