Saturday, June 03, 2006

naked for the sake of argument

The title of this entry is actually the title of a poem I'd just written that I am not going to share with you for now. It is, however, slated for RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE, later this year, so be patient.

I'm changing my production schedule, slightly, to allow for more efficient use of resource. From this point forward the podcast FROM OUT OF THE CITY will be released on Sundays, instead of Fridays...a new one will be going up tomorrow, June 4th, dedicated to my daughter, Peri, whose birthday it is later in the week,

Got my tickets to go to Los Angeles for my daughter's wedding in September. Used Orbitz and found a good price, I am satisfied and now don't have to worry about what to do if ticket prices go up.

I think I shall have a productive weekend...have some personal matters to attend to, and also want to just do some major hanging out, kind of meld with the world...

Yes, that would be good. By the way, the autobiographical poem "Naked for the Sake of Argument" is pretty good. No. It's very good, and very honest. I tell people that I have no secrets, just read my works and you know me...who I am, what I have done and what has happened around and to me over the years. The poem is about a relationship I had where the woman used sex as a weapon to get her way. Not to complain, but that meant the sex was not earnest passion or an expression of love, just a bargaining tool. I realized it early on, I found it even distasteful, but I am male, after all...

It's the genesis of the great, great line in the poem "in the memory of lovers" (click here to view in separate window) which is also one of the featured works on my upcoming (just six days until release) CD, THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB.

NB: I love royalty checks.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved