Thursday, June 29, 2006

Lesbian novelists and ten hour poetry readings

See if you can guess which song I have on loop in my iTunes playlist as I wrote this...the answer is at the bottom of the blog entry.

Everything is go. Okay, everything involving the next book is go. All the other stuff must fall into two-dimensional irrelevance for a season (my seasons run from thirty second to ten years in length, sort of like NBA last minutes)...speaking of the NBA...no one drafted Kevin Pittsnogle? Sigh. Morons.

Got a nice comment from Sage Sweetwater, a lesbian novelist peer of mine. Good writer (does it amaze anyone that I have so many bi and lesbian friends after the disaster of my second marriage? Not me. I don't think generification of people is sane...it's mindless, cowardly and wasteful...individuals are responsible for their own actions, not categories of people...) But anyway, if you have a chance, check out her works...solid.

I've voted for my choices for Big Brother All-Stars: Kaysar was first. I like the timbre of his character. Put at least one honorable soul in that soup of lunatics. He'll lose, that's because a mountain of mediocrity can bury any twenty carat diamond (but not the memory of it), but he'll acquit himself with dignity.

The response to "NQ" on MySpace has been so gratifying. Thank you, all.

I have approached a local bookstore about an "event" that has been on my backburner forever...the notion of a full read of "The Compleat Panther Cycles" (estimates run about ten hours of reading) as an event, staged with five minute hourly breaks, media blitz and an application to the Guinness Book of World Records (I say it would be for longest individual poetry reading, E.J. says it would be for most self-flagellating public performance by a 21st century literary figure...he is so fired...) We shall see how they feel about it, and if they decline, I'll go to another venue until I find the one with the vision.

Ready to guess what I've been listening to for the last ten minutes or so?

It's "Forever Your Girl" by Paula Abdul. Betcha didn't guess that one.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved