Sunday, June 11, 2006

tip for tap for the librarian's lap

I was browsing my way through the web and encountered a catalog search for all California Public Libraries.

I searched on the poet's name and found two libraries that have books of his:

The Monterey County Free Library System

and

The San Jose Public Library.

I also checked in the state of Mississippi, and there are a few libraries down there that have his books. A couple in West Virginia (there should be more, but what can I say?), and I am still checking everywhere else.

The bottom lines are that a) That's not enough libraries b) Not enough incentive.

We'll work on "a" later, but for now, any library I find that holds one or more volumes of the poet's books in their catalog is going to get one or more free volumes to expand his collection on their shelves. This is nation-wide, people. So if you are a librarian, or you know a library with remarkable good taste, drop me a line at trojanhearse@cityoflegends.com and I'll add them to the list.

Meanwhile, I have to get these copies of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES ready for mailing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does no one else recognize the irony of your name, Mr. Trelawney?

Yours,

Claire Claremont

E. J. Trelawny said...

As a pseudonym, which I am not the first to use, I think I grasp the irony. The original and true Edward James Trelawny was the friend of Percy Shelley's who plunged his hands into the poet's corpse as it was being burned, to tear out his heart to present to Mary, his widow, as a keepsake. Each person who went before me in this name, and each who will, no doubt, succeed me, has held as his task to make certain that, should the poet William F. DeVault falter or fall, his works will be safe. I think, I believe, I am the fourth to carry this name in this lineage, and since I am the first to be with the poet since he began blogging, the first to have the opportunity to directly address his readers in this manner.

If that's what you mean, absolutely. If, in some other manner...I am not sure.

E. J. Trelawny said...

And yes, Miss Claremont, I recognize you, as well. Tell me, how is Allegra?

E.J.

Anonymous said...

Allegra? The spitting image of her father, of course. She finds the convent quite tiresome.

CC

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved