Friday, June 09, 2006

no rest for the wicked

After an intense day's negotiating, based on an idea passed along by an old friend, I am going to be my usual overstepping self and announce that we are already beginning pre-production on the next CD. I've been very gratified with the reception that THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB has received and if you haven't already bought yourself a copy, I would suggest you need to do so now, so as to not seem tragically unhip.

The new CD, we're still fighting over the title, but the leading contenders (with comments) at this early date are:

NAKED (descriptive, evocative...)
DEIFIC AND ASCENDENT (how I often answer queries as to how I am...maybe too arrogant?)
IN VIOLATION OF THE GENEVA CONVENTION (strange suggestion, but it has a certain texture to it)
AMOMANCER (why quibble? this is an incantata)
SOLFERINO (There's already a mockup of a cover for this name!)
KAIROS OVER KRONOS (One of my best lines...)

Any suggestions? Votes? Ideas? The premise is a full-length CD of a cappella readings. No music, no sound effects, just the naked voice of the poet.

My issue with the concept is selfish. To do some of these works justice, I'm going to have to "go there" and anyone who was there that afternoon at the Fairhope Arts Center in 1997 knows what that does to me, I am torn apart and rebuilt...a bloody version of the legend of the phoenix. I, personally, would rather have a root canal without anesthesia, but...

I like the challenge. Besides, the catharsis will be...refreshing and good for me.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pam.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved