Saturday, June 17, 2006

dreams of a strange but charming week

I think I shall go out and get some sunshine. Those of you who know me, will understand. Those who don't...don't matter.

Strange dreams almost every night this week. Last night, I dreamt I went by my old high school to pick up my ex wife, who for some reason was a student again. I drove her to the apartment she and her mother were sharing, and we spoke obliquely of many things, I dropped her off and she invited me in, but in the construction going on, I lost her...the construction was odd, but in the context of the conversation I had just had with her, it made perfect sense. I think I answered some of my own questions, and thus gained resolution.

Earlier in the week, in another dream, a kiwi (the bird, not the fruit) was sighted in the front yard. I caught it by hand and brought in indoors, where it proceeded to explore the house with reckless curiosity. At length we came to an understanding. Again, I think it was a preconscious attempt at resolving some inner questions, I just have yet to figure out who or what the kiwi represented. I am predisposed to think it is Alisha, but it could be a new element (there is this certain young woman of my acquaintance...perhaps she is rising in my thoughts).

In any case, I need to look to my writings, edits and the show this weekend, if for no other reason than to take my mind off of Tuesday's reading.

Bizarre conversation for the week: A friend asked me about a female acquaintance of mine, what I thought of her. I told him she was very nice, but had the unfortunate problem of being :::way::: too young for me. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "Wait for her birthday" in a matter of fact tone that told me he thinks i am looking at things way too seriously.

I have always taken matters of that sort very, very seriously. It is one of my greatest strengths and one of my greatest weaknesses. I am the Amomancer, after all.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved