Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The truth about the Mosquito Ringtone

The "Mosquito ringtone"...what a rip.

They tell teenagers that if they download your tone, they will be able to have their phones ring without adults hearing it.

Hey, kids...I checked three different versions: I heard all three. I have above-average hearing, but I'm unconvinced that this is anything other than some idiot journalist needing a "now" story who bought into some marketing company's exploitive drivel, like the guys who were selling anti-bacterial soap as a defense against AIDS (AIDS is caused by a virus, and usually stupid or incautious people, not a bacteria).

One of the samples was so loud I had to rip my headphones off...it was painfully loud.

The laugh's on the kids who are now on marketing lists and/or paid money to download a worthless ringtone and are gonna get busted out anyway. But the shame is on the sloppy journalists and the dishonest marketers taking advantage of the unsophisticated consumer skills of teenagers.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved