Monday, August 06, 2007

a very strange interview

I am on hiatus, but I am not dead.

With permission, I'd like to post a little game the poet and I played a while back. He rolled a die and based on that die answered a question per roll about the muse it indicated. He was not to reveal to me or to you which muse was being answered on which question. It was fun.

I grouped the questions and answers by the roll he received, as, for instance, all questions on a die roll of "1" would be for the same totem muse. No muse got more than three questions.

Die roll (1).

If this muse had turned out to be a man having had sex-change surgery, would you still have felt the same? Answer: Probably.

Is your biggest regret with this muse that things went too far or not far enough? Answer: Not far enough.

Die roll (2).

Better in your bed or in your head? Answer: better in bed.

Do you still communicate with this muse? Answer: I would if I knew where she was.

Did she write, and if so, how good was she? Answer: She wrote a little and it wasn't bad.

Die roll (3):

Would you kiss her if you saw her? Answer: No.

Die roll (4):

Did the totem you use for this muse take any real thought on your part? Answer: Yes, she was hard to label, to pin down to a single identity.

If you were still with her today, would you consider that a triumph? Answer: Absolutely.

Die roll (5):

How was she as a kisser? Answer: She didn't like to kiss.

How many poems did you write about her? Answer: Dozens, but not hundreds (hint).

If you and her had a daughter, and the mother died in childbirth, what would you name the girl? Answer: Katherine Angeline

Die roll (6):

Will this muse be remembered a hundred years from now? Answer: If I am remembered, she will be remembered.

If she knocked on your door tonight and asked to come in, would you invite her in? Answer: Without hesitation.

We can guess who some of these are or aren't...but I liked the mystery of this format.

Well, I am off to find some ice. Be well, see you all down the road.

EJ

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved