Monday, August 13, 2007

Cynicism versus strategic thinking

Complexity. Yeah. It's all over the place, obscuring reality and making a muck of things. Everytime you think you've gotten ahead of the curve, the world curves around and you're acting out scenes from "Alice Through the Looking Glass", as produced by Tim Burton.

A friend in trouble called last night, expectng the genii to fix her universe with a wave of his hand. Wish I could. But people need to accept the fact that despite my good intentions, I cannot fix all of their mistakes for them. I've tried that for people. It went well, briefly, then went into the ground, to paraphrase the great Billy Connolly, "like a dart".

I still have a miracle or two up my sleeve, but I have to be very, very careful not to waste "the magic", not only on someone unable to truly benefit in the long term from it, but in a situation where it is a "grounded result". Some things, you fix them and they are fixed, grounding out the energy. Somethings you fix and the impact of the resolution creates a cascade effect where there is actually more that comes out of the situation than went into it.

If it seems I am holding back, unwilling to aid those in need as much as I once was, it is not a knee-jerk response to liars, manipulators, ingrates and lost causes (although they all can give you pause). It is a desire to have the maximum effect.

Like the sentient bomb in "Dark Star" comes to realize...I can only "explode" perhaps once more, it would be a shame to waste it.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved