Saturday, August 25, 2007

trust

I have been busily mixing away on the new CD, having fun with some new tracks that are still incomplete but headed for completion in the next few days as I get the vocals and music mixed right.

Yes, I should let someone else do it, but I just can't seem to relinquish control. Too many people have fallen short of my vision...maybe "fallen short" is the wrong idea, perhaps "missed the mark" is better. Yes, that's it.

It reminds me of the story about Keith Emerson taking the rendition of Alberto Ginastera's "Toccato and Fugue in D minor" to the Argentine composer's home in Switzerland. A bit nervous about the reception he would get to Emerson, Lake & Palmer's electronic take on the piece, he was stunned to find the composer's reaction being (hampered initially by language barriers) that this was what he had been hearing in his head when he wrote it, that they had captured his vision.

Who can I trust to capture my vision? I have no champion, no heir, no helpmeet.

Too many have abandoned me, betrayed me. I have lost the capacity to trust in the manner I once used to. The sad thing is I am not sad or bitter about it, as I think I have polished the skills necessary to sufficiently do what I must without assistance. This does mean a mountain of effort to move a mound of dirt, alas.

It would be nice to relax once in a while.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved