Friday, August 31, 2007

the CD and me

I am right now working on the concept and content for the CDs...some interesting ideas have come up and I am actually waiting for another person's input. Yeah, I know...abnormal for me.

I think you'll find this CD a bit edgier than the first few, I am letting myself indulge my dark side a bit more. Testosterone and adrenaline in the mix. It's tough, having had to be the grown up in so many relationships, I don't often let that part of me out to play. He's there, you see subtle threads of him in some of my works, but I have always felt like I have to keep him in check so I can take care of others. My art reflects my life. It has to, as all art is an expression of some aspect or perspective of truth.

I guess what I probably need is a relationship where he is allowed to come out once in a while. Maybe this CD is that statement of truth, that I have this darkness, that I want to express it, that I am looking for a time and a place and a person where I can express it.

Anyway, you'll see when this CD surfaces, I think many, many people will be surprised.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved