Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12, 2007

The new podcast will be up later today.

Phew. It has been a grinding, brutal task getting it assembled. And I am still not 100% happy with it, but I am admitting that it is rare for me to feel that way about my works.

By the way, I would be a total rat bastard if I did not today acknowledge the birthday of Psyche (Nancy), the first of the greater totem-muses and inspiration behind such works as "The Unicorns", "Monument", "My Electric Lady" and "Nevermore My Steel". My best wishes to the woman who asked me to give up "this poetry stuff". I still love you, as much as ever, but I knew, in that moment, you were not for me. Nor I for you. My life would have been easier, simpler and far more steady had I stayed with you, but I have lived enough lies.

Anyway, back to the podcast...five poems, musically scored by the infamous "Gods of Love". The poems are:

Soft as Dawn
Vodka and Condoms
Open, You to Me
Blood/Lust
and
You Could Not Say the Words

A pretty damn good collection, and interesting as a composition, joined. I'll post the link, later.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved