Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Videology

I have been talking to people, gathering opinion and taking my own counsel, and I think I am near to determining my next few video projects.

The criteria is broad, but intimate: The project has to speak to me and through me, it has to lend itself to expression and invoke a vision that I can be proud of.

The current big dogs, most likely to be made in the near term into videos, are:

DARFUR (Jesus Wept). This internationally well-received piece, on my CD "NEMICORN", would be a great opportunity to hammer home the political and sociological (as well as theological) statement. I see a series of images invoking the human catastrophe of this painful crisis.

From Out of the City. From my CD "The Last Romantic Verb", this reading has a certain arcane darkness to it. It could be fun to imagine.

The Faerie (Strange but Beautiful). From "NEMICORN". If I can find the right woman for the video, maybe. I am haunted by the beauty of this piece. The images would have to live up to it. I see a series of video images of a beautiful woman, perhaps depicted as a series of memories of a lost love. A shame I am not still on good terms with my second wife, she would have been incredible for this.

A Passion, Unrelenting. From "NEMICORN". Done perhaps as a performance piece? It could be interesting. Low key and intimate, passionate.

Brisant Revelations. From "NEMICORN". If I want something thunderous and rocking, this could be. Done as a concept performance piece, perhaps. Perhaps. I like the idea.

CENTAUR. Yes, not released yet on a CD, but it was very well-received on MySpace. So, maybe. We shall see.

Of course, none of this precludes a new reading, specifically for a video. Something minimalist, just the poet and his words?

You never know. But I would like to have at least one or two more videos done before National Poetry Month starts in April.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved