Monday, March 19, 2007

the lawlessness of flawlessness

Well, the video went up at MySpace and YouTube yesterday. Phew. See my previous post for the link to MySpace and the imbedded form...

Now to wrap the podcast for this week and promote it (a fairly arduous process) sometime today. My, what a productive weekend.

Good feedback on the video, so far. Is it perfect? No...but I have worked hard to supress my natural perfectionist streak. It was such a pain when I was young, as I would write or paint something, then tinker with it until it was a mess, try to tweak this and that to make it better. It was a slow train coming, but eventually I was able to press myself into the "live feed" artistic mold, demanding the emotional purity of things as raw as possible.

You sometimes get a prettier picture or poem by retakes, but you never get a more true or earnest result. It also has forced me to hone my skills so that my first draft is good. And I have no use for artifice, false embellishment of memory. Yes, I appreciate a lover who goes to the effort of polishing her appearance for the occasion, but sooner or later you will see her in the morning, her hair rumpled, her makeup gone or scrambled, her expression caught unawares, framed by the sheets. I want to know that person. Repeatedly. Sigh.

But, anyway...if you have seen the video for "Right Set of Lips", let me know what you think...and pass it along to friends, the link to it (if you don't want to or can't watch the imbedded form here on my blog is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRc9b1u4gNg).

Have a great day...I have to get back in the studio.

1 comments:

Ms Peach said...

Very cool.

You've now found a way to cover most of the senses.

As an experiment, I'd like to see you write a poem about chocolate cake. It would be great to be able to link to your blog, smell warm cake, slide a fork across the screen and actually and taste sweet chocolate.

If you could also make it calorie free, I'd really appreciate it.

Once you master this, you will, infact, be well on your way to world domination! LOL.

As it is, the new lengths that you've gone to, in bringing poetry to the forefront of our technologically changing world, is truly remarkable!

Very cool indeed.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved