Thursday, March 08, 2007

Some people got to have it...

In case you are not one of the several people who have pointed out what I already know, I am no longer residing in West Virginia. While my long term desire is undoubtably to return to California, I am for the time being settling back into the bedroom communities of suburban Washington DC and seeking to return to my former life as a very successful proposal writer and manager (I know my way around a verb or two).

It will take a little time, and I do miss several friends I made in Morgantown and the surrounding area, as well as my family links, but my boys live in this area, and the money here is from 3 to 5 times higher than I can get in Morgantown. So it is a no-brainer.

Don't worry, I still plan to do some events in West Virginia, but my shoes started getting shiny again and people started treating me with that thinly veiled sense of panic usually present when one encounters a Martian in their backyard. So I packed up my show and took it on the road.

As my old friend Stan Lee is fond of saying, "Excelsior". (It means "Upwards!")

1 comments:

Ms Peach said...

I noticed, and I also noticed your morning posts are getting later and later. Grr. I like my City of Legends dose before facing the work day!

RE: Meme: Done. 1/2 done anyway. I bent the rules, and I'm still thinking about who I want to tag. There are only four blogs that I look at with any regularity. I'm sure they've already been tagged!

Thanks again for the chance to play, it was fun.

M. Peach

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved