Monday, March 05, 2007

The 10 Random Facts Meme

Okay, I know I'm about a week late, but I have been tagged by the delightful Nordette Adams, and thus will (finally) do my "10 Random Things About Me" meme exercise. Thanks to Nord for tagging me and thanks to those poor souls I am about to tag at in my next entry (i tis tough finding ten people who haven't already been tagged).

Random facts about me:

#1: I love chicken livers. No, seriously. I really do. Favourite food. I like them better than chocolate or strawberry shortcake or baby carrots, all which place high on my list.

#2: When I lived in Los Angeles, my favourite bar band to go see was Billy Vera and the Beaters. It got to the point he started recognizing me as a regular. My good friend, ace drummer Dave Demeter, actually introduced us once.

#3: I used to collect "Premiere Magazine". I can't explain it, I just did. Had all of them until one day a girlfriend, when I was at work, cut them all up to make a collage of her favourite movie stars on my bedroom wall. I'm not kidding. I must've loved her a lot.

#4: I think Tim Thomerson is the funniest comedian I have ever seen. His stand up shtick was brilliant, hyperkinetic and bold. That he quit standup to become a B-movie actor always rankled me, but it is his career, not mine.

#5: Odd little thing: Every woman I have ever kissed (I mean really kissed) is Caucasian. Not that I do not find women of other ethnic groups attractive, on the contrary...I have had major crushes on women of every race, creed, colour and political persusasion. It just has shaken out that way. Very strange, considering the crowds I have run with and the places I have been.

#6: I used to have a large collection of old, valuable books. All but my 1876 edition of "The Complete Poems of Percy Bysshe Shelley" now reside, to the best of my knowledge, in a coffin at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. How's that for strange? The coffin was made for a magic show of mine, more than 30 years ago, by my best friend. I had planned to, one day, be buried in it. I am still somewhat miffed to have lost it after I had carried it back and forth across these United States for those many years.

#7: My favourite cartoon character of all time remains Daffy Duck.

#8: I believe that most emotional and mental conditions that people medicate for can better be handled through cognitive therapy. Prescribing medications that affect how your brain works based on unsubstantiable diagnoses seems unwholesome.

#9: I prefer cats to dogs.

#10: I have all my wisdom teeth. How's that for odd?

Okay...now for the poor victims, the ten who will take the challenge and blog their little hearts out! (next entry)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't there a great animated short where Daffy wouldn't stop talking and the animator "erased" him with his big pencil piece by piece?

-Not surprising about the wisdom teeth BTW.

William F. DeVault said...

The cartoon in question is "Duck Amuck" by the great Chuck Jones!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, your wide and varied wealth of knowledge must be one of the many reasons your readers tend to get so, so,

animated

in their responses!
Your Meme is impressive Mr. D.

Ms. Adams said...

Enjoyed this, William. See, I knew you would do this wonderfully.
~~Nordette

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved