Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sliding through the Ides

The new podcast, unofficially entitled 'Sliding through the Ides', is now up and available!

The poetry selections included in this week's show are:

My Life
The Dance of Decades
FAITH
There Must Be a Season
City of Angels

Yes, I know I should post them all here, but is your mouse so old and tired that you cannot just click over to my site at cityoflegends.com, slide down to the archival City and look them up? I didn't think so.

The theme this week is all about change and life and grappling with the obstacles and epiphanies life puts in your path. My daughter once tried to corner me into saying my first marriage was a mistake. I had to strongly disagree with her, as out of that union came some good times, some good experiences, and my beloved children. Should I wish them away?

No.

Sometimes we are called upon to "give up. give out. give in to the inevitable" as I say in "City of Angels". Guess what? Not in my character, sorry. You can have my soul, my dreams, my prayers and my free will when you peel my cold, dead hands from around my pen.

Until then, shut up and enjoy the ride. I never said I was a quitter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear RPI,

My mouse is neither so old nor so tired that it visiting your archives would be a burden!

Your podcast last night was a delight. The poems you chose to share were some of my favoirites of the works I've read thus far.

As March 11th is also an auspicious day in my life, I was particularily pleased to enjoy your works.

My wish on the Ides, and always, is that your hand is never cold nor dead, and that you continue to make good use of your pen.

Thank you for your inspiration.

-A devoted reader sliding blissfully through the Ides of March.

P.S. The tone and quality of your voice was hopeful and energetic. I like that. RE: your muse? In what ever form? Never quit/her. The City of Angels needs a poet. I suspect they're holding the position open for you.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved