Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Way

"Mistakes, I've made a few. But then again, too few to mention..."

Words from the Paul Anka song "My Way", popularized by Frank Sinatra. Yeah, we all make mistakes. I have a few thousand skeletons in my closet. But then, again, most of them have been not malicious, just errors in judgement, and I've been able to extract some learning of value from each "oops".

Tomorrow is a grim anniversary, the 9th anniversary of my second marriage. I have had so many people ask me to declare that event a mistake. Sorry. I can't. Whether in truth I did what I did out of real passion or affection, or a misguided attempt to save someone from a downward spiral that nearly killed them, I can't say that, on the whole, I am sorry for the good that came out of those years.

I made some good friends, helped a lot of people, dealt with some issues I needed to deal with and found elements of truth that had been hiding from me all this time. All good things.

So, quit sitting around griping about your mistakes...look at the upswings, the gains, from these stumbles.

And do it your way.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved