Monday, March 05, 2007

invoking the focus

There's a lot wrong with the world. Hatred. Hunger. Disease. War. And those who profit or take pleasure in these things.

But me, I'm just one voice. Maybe a bit louder than the average, thanks to my books, blogs, podcast and poetry. But still, just one voice.

And this one voice, for today, is going to forget about Anna Nicole Smith, Ann(dy) Coulter, Pretendent Bush, Global Warming, Darfur, ignorance, National Poetry Month, the War in Iraq, the Great Consonant Shift, tonight's episode of Heroes, rising rates of autism, the seeming cancellation of "Studio 60", drug addiction in our middle schools, teen violence, the sorry state of race relations in America, the New York City Council, the Walter Reed Scandal and the McCartney divorce.

I'm about to flip the switch to bring up the console at Studio C, to complete the song I have been sweating blood, brain cells and stomach lining for this past week. Time to call the dragon, William Invocatus is in the house.

See you when I emerge. Hold my calls. Thirty seconds to cue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right.
On.

beLLe said...

~something out of the black catalogue? I can't wait for this~~~

~smooches~
~your babysis

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved