Friday, March 09, 2007

Phonecasting.com?

I just received an email from Phonecasting.com, including my login and password and welcoming me for signing up.

The problem is, I never signed up for such a service or with a company of that name. Here's the letter:

"Welcome and many thanks for joining PhoneCasting.com!
We are delighted to welcome you aboard. We just wanted you to know we are working hard to provide you with high quality phonecasting solutions. With PhoneCasting you can listen to great audio programs and even create your own. We are even working to establish ways for you to have financial sponsorship of shows you produce with our patent pending ADCASTING service.

Here are you login credentials. Please write them down.

Your Username is: XXXXXXXXXXX (I X'd this out, why invite further identity theft?)
Your Password is: xxxxxx (see above)

Let us know if you have any ideas on how we can make the phonecasting.com sight and services better.
If you have any need for extra help or just general questions don't hesitate to ask.
Create your own phonecasts and podcasts with the PhoneCasting Studio in browser recorder or by phone!
Organize your podcasts and phonecasts from your dashboard!
Monetize your content and phonecasts
Track your podcasts and phonecasts when listeners dial in download or stream with our award winning podstats tools!
Send to Friends by email
Manage your profile and content from your admin dashboard
Subscribe to your favorite podcasts!
Manage your subscriptions!
Receive email and sms alerts when new episodes of your favorite shows are available and More!"


Maybe I am senile, but I just do not recall these people. Anyone else get such a mystery letter, or did someone sign me up without telling me (thereby borrowing my identity, which is, last time I checked, a crime?)

Thoughts? Questions? Answers? Really good jokes?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved