Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Death of Richard Jeni

Word is just in of the death of comedian Richard Jeni. He was a funny, funny guy. Initial reports are "an apparent suicide" but we have all seen cases where that has been recanted later, so I'll just say goodbye to a manic, charming man whose wit entertained me.

Congrats to "300", the intense and stylized adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic graphic-novel of the Battle of Thermopylae. It won the weekend with a runaway box office tally well above even the most optimistic predications! It is now the third largest opening ever for an "R" rated film, finish just behind obne of the "Matrix" franchise and "The Passion of the Christ".

This is one of those weeks where I will be passing through the fire...I should be in better shape, on many levels, come Friday than I am today, and I am braced for the trials I will be facing. I'll explain them all in more detail later...I still have a podcast to worry about tonight!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved