Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's New Year's Gratitudes

I think, since New Year's is an arbitrary date in the calendar, that I will start treating Valentine's Day as my New Year.

To that end, I'd like to thank the following, who made last year a gem for the ages:

My daughter Peri, for choosing well a husband, and her new hubby Brian, for being the guy who makes it easier for me to sleep at night knowing he's watching over my baby girl.

To my ex, Jan, for being a good and aggressive parent and guardian over my sons.

To my sons, for that, as well.

To Jaz, for inspiring me and allowing me write to and of her while she weighs my role in her heart.

To Sarah, for her remarkable image on the cover of my book RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE.

To Mari, for keeping me young.

To Dan McTaggart, for being a first-water collaborator and friend.

To Alan, one of my oldest friends and a great human being, and to his wife Deb, for being the kind of person I wish would fall in love with me.

To Chanda with Barnes & Noble for her support and efficiency.

To the guys in The Gods of Love, for giving me new directions to grow in.

To Molly McKnight with The Texas Panhandle Writers, for the honor of choosing me to help judge their chapbook contest.

To Steph, for reminding me that I owe a debt to those who owe me, as well.

To Jennifer, for making my birthday worth making it to.

To K for proving that not all redheads are insane. Completely.

To my siblings, my parents, my nieces, nephews and friends who made this a full year.

To my readers and fans.

To Ana, for keeping me humble.

Thanks all. I am sure I missed someone, somewhere. Thank you for forgiving me the oversight.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved