Tuesday, February 27, 2007

strange week

It's Tuesday of a brutal week. A lot going on, a lot.

The podcast came out well, don't you think? And the new song, "Pondering the Riddle", will, I think, earn a note in the annals as an important "transitional" work.

The whole Jim Cameron "Jesus' Crypt" controversy looks to be little more than a huckster attempt at making money off of old news. Ultimately boring and just a way for a couple of newshounds to make a fast buck while diverting the mainstream from real issues like the War in Iraq, Global Warming and the possibility of Antonella Barba appearing tonight on American Idol.

Sigh.

Life goes on.

By the way, I think if I never hear another woman in this life tell a suitor that she's not good enough for him, that he deserves better, I think I shall retch. People who are that good should get what they want, not what others define for them. And what does this say about the next man in that woman's life? That he is second rate?

I, personally think it is crude and self-deprecating attempt at rejection while attempting to protect the fragile male ego. Boys sometimes fall for it, men do not.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"if I never hear another woman int his life tell a suitor that she's not good enough for him, that he deserves better, I think I shall retch."

Ick. Who said that? Here's a woman's perspective: I was always told that if a man tells you he's not good enough for you, you should BELIEVE him, and run for the hills!

I've not always taken that advice-I once spent six years trying to "fix" a guy that told me at our first meeting that he was a real asshole, someone who took pride in being difficult.

That I'd already spent an entire year rejecting his sister's attempts to fix us up didn't matter. I guess I was in a wierd place when I met the guy.

After six years, I'd seen all of the potential, and there were actually many wonderful things about this guy, but finally realized that he was, in fact, an asshole, and that he would always remain dedicated to being a difficult person.

After a while, you learn that while no one is "better" than anyone else, you deserve the life that YOU want, and a partner that truly shares similar values. Why spend your life fixing something that doesn't work? Life is short.

Be happy and secure in the knowledge that YOU are WORTH the life God gave you. We do have an obligation to live up to our potential, anything less is a waste, and a copout.

(I think this is good advice for EVERYONE, whether or not everyone is ready to hear it, plus, I'm reminding myself, here on your blog, whoops).

Thanks for being truthful, poet. And for having a platform to highlight these truths.

We need all the brutal honesty we can get in this world.

-A

P.S. This wasn't patronizing, by the way, I was working something out here...

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved