Saturday, February 17, 2007

Avatars in the Night

Quote for today: "Don't put anything in my head you wouldn't put in my bed."

It was inspired by a close (but not close enough) female friend who left me a message about getting out of a hot tub naked and wet at night. She always cautions me about my imagination (I have a very good imagination, thank you very much) and she is afraid of my thinking about her in ways un-Platonic.

This was definitely in that category. So, to her, I dedicate the piece I sent to EJ to post at amomancer.blogspot.com, based on that image and some feelings it inspired in locations not confined to my heart and mind.

And, this piece, based on my quotation above:

Avatars in the Night

you're in my head.
stretched and tempting
half-mad to be bad
to be in my bed
giving me a single night
to prove my passion
in ways you can barely imagine
until this spirit is upon you
and within you,
five senses. seven powers.
and I dreamt of you, last night,
feral and beautiful
and on sheets heated to lambence
by what was passing
between avatars in the heat.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

1 comments:

Ms Peach said...

"Don't put anything in my head you wouldn't put in my bed." Well put.

I liked both of the poems posted today. I've found that many people have a way of getting under your skin, or become embedded in your mind, by what they choose to express, verbally or physically.

Somethings to think about for sure.
Thanks, as always, for sharing your thoughts.

I was reminded of Shakespeare's "All the World's a Stage"... last night before going to bed.

What do you think was meant by the line "His acts being seven ages" from As You Like It? I'm not sure.

I appreciate the train of thought, Mr. DeVault.
Your work often leads me to new tracks...

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved