Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My daughter meets Obama

My daughter met Barack Obama the other day, in Los Angeles, at a political event. From what I hear, he impressed her, although her description of their meeting sounds positively Clintonian in his manner (Bill, not Hillary). His manner of personal address and physical presence reminds a lot of people who meet him of a former Governor from Arkansas. Good role model to emulate.

At this time I have no issue with the Obama candidacy for President, I think he is bright, sweet and charming, and I agree with more of the key issues with him than I disagree.

That having been said, he is, at this time, my 3rd choice for President in 2008.

#1 is Al Gore. The man won in 2000, just because of one of the most egregious of acts of political skulduggery in the history of the United States put a dangerously imbalanced man-child in office doesn't change the will of the people. We need Al, he has his priorities right: Even Haliburton won't make a profit if everyone is dead due to climate catastrophes. I don't think of the current regime of military-industrial buffoons is evil, merely stupid to the point of suicidally genocidal.

#2 is Hillary Clinton. She's smart, sassy and experienced. She knows how things work and she isn't afraid to do what has to be done. She has some heavy baggage, but who doesn't? And it is about effing time the United States joined England, India, Israel and so many other world powers that have put a woman in the driver's seat.

I think it would be a good thing to elect any of these three. I'll back the Democratic Party candidate in 2008, and pray we can fix some of the horrific damage done in the last few years by sincere but incompetent and short-sighted leaders.

My name is William F. DeVault, and I approved this message. Hell, I wrote it.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved