Sunday, February 25, 2007

If God could do the tricks that we can do...

I am planning to issue a podcast late tonight or early this morning, so keep your eyes and ears open. The new music piece at MySpace is doing well, getting some good feedback on it, so I am happy with that.

Book news? Heh. Don't get me started, things are very chaotic right now. I'll be cleaning that up and issuing some new schedules in about 6 weeks, according to current plans. Presume all previous edicts are valid.

Tonight is the Academy Awards. Some good films this year. No disrespect to Forest Whittaker, but I am rooting for Peter O'Toole, my favourite actor all time, to win the Best Actor award for his role in "Venus". After a career of near misses in classic roles that have eclipsed the performances that beat him out in momentary lapses of Academy judgement, I want the venerable acting warhorse to get the gold.

While my favourite film, all time, remains "All That Jazz", my top ten list of all time includes O'Toole in "The Stunt Man" (the source of this posting's title) and "The Lion in Winter".

Best of luck, Peter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you rolling out the red carpet for the new podcast? Hee hee.

New piece on MySpace ROCKS!

If you WILL be watching the Awards
I hope you will include your take on the night. Serious opinions on great performances.

[Also, shallow girl would like to hear your opinion of best dressed woman-It would be exciting to read what turns a poet's head (visually...)].

William F. DeVault said...

The best dressed woman last night? Three way tie: Gwyneth, Helen Mirren and Sherry Lansing.

Anonymous said...

Shallow girl says:
"Nighty-night Mr. Devaultwell."

Sweet dreams...

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved