Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Faroe Islands, according to the CIA

New international visitors, I see, in the City of Legends (I wonder whatever happened to that guy in Florida who was looking to acquire the domain from me? Never heard from him again. Must not have been very important.)

Countries that have checked in, passed through and stayed to read, in the last twenty four hours, include (aside from the good old USA):

Canada
New Zealand
Republic Of Korea
Sweden
Islamic Republic Of Iran
United Kingdom
China
Czech Republic
Faroe Islands

Faroe Islands? Yeah, I hadn't heard of them, either...so I did my research in the CIA "World Factbook". You check the entry out (and then the whole document) via this link. It's a great resource for information, lots and lots of information, on countries around the world. Plus, I've always wanted to say "CIA" and "Islamic Republic of Iran" in the same blog entry.

The Faroe Islands are part of the Kingdom of Denmark. That's fine, no problem. I knew this girl, back in college who was from Denmark, she had this...forget it...this is a PG rated blog.

They're an archipelago of islands, 17 inhabited, one uninhabited, with a surface about 8 times the size of Washington DC and about 47,000 inhabitants (twice the numbers of Morgantown, West Virginia). Only 2% of their land is suitable for farming. Their main resources seem to be fishing, whaling and possible oil and gas (uh oh, guess we have to invade them now).

Of course, once global warming is through with them, they'll be couple of rocky reefs in the way of ship traffic.

So what is someone from the Faroe Islands doing hanging around the City of Legends? Beats me. Maybe they just needed a Valentine Day poem. I'm more worried about the visitors from Iran. And Korea. A few days ago there were some Iraqi hits. Is the 'City about be adopted into the "Axis of Evil" (one of the most memorably stupid lines in the brief history of an historically stupid administration)?

Time will tell. I'm going to hide my weapons of mass destruction where I always have. In my pants.

Later, kids.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved