Saturday, February 03, 2007

Getting Pumped Up

Barring the "love or money" exceptions, I leave on June 1st for the

World Domination Tour, Part II

My goal is to team with local authors/poets in venues they know and love (and who know and love them) or with Barnes & Noble outlets, coast to coast. The tour will start in the East, sweep through the Midwest, then either tack north into the great plains or into the deep south before meeting the midway point of Amarillo, then West into West Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and finally, California.

I have had some pleasant requests for company on the trip, but I think I will keep it all business. Last time I was dumb enough to allow such an on-tour distraction I ended up married to her.

Books and CDs will be sold. If the venue is a bookstore, such as a Barnes & Noble, we will work through their channels. If not, we'll do what we have to. Sponsored gigs (those that pay, if only enough to pay the transit and overnight) take precedence.

I want this to be a brutal endurance contest, to see if I still have what I once had, in terms of fire. I don;t really doubt it, but I've thrown downt he challenge to myself. Dates are still open...but I want to be able to settle the course by National Poetry Month, in April, so we can plug the hell out of it.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved