Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday night...February 13

Tomorrow night is the big Valentine's Day reading at Barnes & Noble...but we're facing a weather problem. Snow and freezing rain that might block it from going down. I face a 200+ mile trip to get to it, all of it through areas that are projected for tonight and tomorrow to have hazardous weather conditions.

Part of me says to go only if the roads are really decent, part of me realizes the worthy irony in a romantic poet perishing on Valentine's Day. No, I am not suicidal, just bemused.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I decide to do, based on the weather, then.

Until then, I am helping a woman whom I adore in her campaign to win a man who is not me.

Talk about an idiot, hm?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOO!

It may not be the Ides of March, and I may not be Portia, but please, Romantic Poet of the Internet, PLEASE do not risk life and limb for this reading! This may be one instance where the SNOW must NOT go on...

You are not a il postino, sworn to brave rain, sleet, and snow. You are a poet, (albeit an Alpha Male Poet), and your public EXPECTS you to be affected by the weather.

Stay safe and warm please. Write something, or something.

-fAnny Goghlightly

Okay, I'll save you the trouble. I'm aware that was a bit dramatic. Fun though.

Sweet Dreams

Oh, about the other, you're not an idiot, you have a good heart.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved