Tuesday, August 15, 2006

what I want for my birthday

I have been asked on several fronts what I want for my birthday, and, invariably, I answer the same way: Buy one of my books.

Why? Truth is I make very little off any one sale, even less off of THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS, but it also adds to my sense of accomplishment, to my sense of immortality (and it gets the notice of the media more, sales drive attention).

So, if you want t give me something for my birthday, and you are not a lovely lady in close enough proximity to deliver it in the flesh (now THAT would be a birthday present), let me suggest...

The cheapest possible of all routes?

101 GREAT EROTIC POEMS if you are of my newsletter subscribers (or you sign up, quickly), just $10.00

For about $15.00 you can get the same volume if you are not a newsletter subscriber, for the same price you can get THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS.

For $11.95 you can get a copy of my breakthrough CD, THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB.

For $17.00 you can have INVOCATO, my "best of" collection.

For $25.00 a copy of my hardback 101 GREAT LOVE POEMS, a very nice gift if you are of that inclination.

And for $29.95 we see THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES, nearly ten dollars cheaper than it is through most online and brick-and-mortar bookstores.

Of course you can order most of these through your favorite merchant instead of my CITY OF LEGENDS BOOKSTORE, but you don't get the autograph and the shipping may not be free.

So, if you want to see the poet smile, that's what I want for my birthday. Or, your sister.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved