Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Faerie: The Walls of Sanity

You may note at the bottom, we're now including the Technorati Tags for this blog. Why? You don't light a candle to put it under a basket. Now, back to the show.

What do you do when you feel your heart slipping away to someone completely incompatible with you? Hey, wouldn't be the first time. I am controlling it, though. I am writing from the conflict, from the yearning, but not indulging it. The Faerie will forever remain just exactly a mythic beast on the fringe of reality, caught in glimpses out of the corner of my eyes. I'm mad, but not crazy.

The Faerie: The Walls of Sanity

The yearning, burning ache I dare not slake
in drinking from your pinking temptation.
Thirst, cursed and the worst of it all is that I
I would allow myself to raise my foot to step
over the line, to the door of dreams and raise
a stiffened hand to press my way through
the final impediments to passions screaming
in dreams ripped and slipped and tripped to fall
to their knees, egging me on, begging me to pierce
the fierce solitude I have shelled myself within.
But I say nay to an unwise thirst. No, with sorrow.
And I turn away, with eyes red with regret.

William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved