Friday, August 04, 2006

a peek under the covers

With the new book due out momentarily, I thought I'd at least treat you to a few sneaks....

The cover, which I have published early mock ups of on this blog, is a distinct imitation of the cover of my 2002 volume "101 Great Love Poems", with the substitution of a pink jade icon for the golden heart. (Forgive the crappy scan, I didn't feel like going to find the good one)

Yeah, read into that what you will, two covers, two references to women I never even kissed. Sad.

Originally I was going to dedicate this book to Brigit, who owns a major portion of my libido, years after our last touch, but after much soul searching I decided to...

well, that's a surprise.

To avoid too much in the way of leaks, I kept the blurbs to existing generic references. No leaks on this one, there's enough pressure on me. How much pressure? I'm crapping diamonds...how's that?

All in all, it's a handsome book, but not one for the kiddies. I did not put a "Parental Advisory" notice on this volume, as I did with last year's "The Compleat Panther Cycles". Why not? Any parent who doesn't read far enough to see the word "EROTIC" in the title will not look close enough to see the warning. Duh.

It makes a good bookshelf companion to "101 GLP", but I did cache away some emotional energy for "Ronin...".
That's the legacy book.

I need a nap.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved