Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday morning...a little sleep helps

Wide awake and feeling a bit more human today. Last night's visit to B&N helped...I stuck to the background and let Tag shine...his reading is this Saturday and I think he's ready.

I delivered the Guinness paperwork to Chanda at B&N, it is in her hands now. I met two instructors from University High School, one of whom was interested in inviting me to speak with their students. It would be ironic, after a fashion. I graduated Morgantown High, who are fierce rivals of UHS, and have yet to be acknowledged or invited by that school, despite the fact that I have spoken with them in the past. Most authors have little trouble being accepted locally, more rouble t a regional level, and finally few get an international stage. The model seems flipped in my case. Locally I am practically anonymous...

Might be a bit of a slap in the face of the Mohigans, but "...love the one you're with". They had their shot. Apathy is unbecoming of a suitor.

I wrote a new piece last night, during the reading...would love to share it with you all, but as a gesture I gave it, hand inked, dated and signed, on the naplin I wrote it on, to the CRM at the bookstore...maybe I can get her to transcribe it for me?

Finally, this Saturday there's a big to-do at the plaze where the Barnes & Noble sits, they are going to bussing wave after wave of university students to the plaza to shop for their dorm space fillers. I have held out the notion of donating some copies of "PANTHEON" to the cause of the giveaways they'll be doing at the store.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved