Monday, August 14, 2006

podcast delay, but keep holding your own

I was going to surprise you all with the new show last night, but a slight technical problem at archive.org has delayed that.

But that's...okay.

Today is August 14th, or what used to be celebrated at the day between my and Psyche's birthdays (hers being August 12th, mine the 16th...yeah I share mine with Madonna and Frank Gifford, which means, astrologically, I'm screwed. ah, well).

When we get the new program up, later today...I think you'll be impressed...the three pieces I and the boys (there are no girls in "The Gods of Love" but I'd be willing to listen to anyone who wants in, we could use some broadening of the talent pool...and some sex appeal (sorry guys)) put together are a wide display of our sensibilities, and while I like the full-speed-ahead rock out that is "The Thunder Out of Valhalla", I admit that "Strange but Beautiful (The Faerie)" has my heart. And the third piece "The Texture of Your Tongue" merely stands as not-so-mute promotion for "101 Great Erotic Poems".

This has been a very emotional time for me, with the books, the countdown to my daughter's wedding and my birthday, but it is all good. It has allowed me to reconnect with some parts of me that had been woefully underserved until of late. I am grateful to the Fates, the Norns, the Muses and a way-too-young-for-me woman for placing my feet back on the road.

Sometimes the best hand that destiny can give you is a backhand.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved