Sunday, August 13, 2006

an early review

I just listened to the files he sent me for this week's "From Out of the City" podcast.

Can I say "Holy Shit" here? No?

Okay, then. Holy Crap. Three pieces, with The Gods of Love, for his birthday.

"The Faerie (Strange but Beautiful)" (my Lord, the piano music is perfect accompaniment to his reveries), "We Owe Debt to Memory" done like you could never have imagined it, with gut churning classic rock sensibilities, and from the new book "The Texture of Your Tongue"...R-rated, but oh so literate.

I think he's back...he's no longer running the cliffs. He's building his own out of the ether. He should drop weight more often, it gives him testosterone (like he needed it already).

Oh...and I've seen the book (you know "101 Erotic Poems")...if this is foreplay, I don't think we'll survive "Ronin in the Temple of Aphrodite". I'd move all breakable objects at least twenty miles out from ground zero and fireproof everything. Oh, and hide your sisters, girlfriends, wives and daughters.

I asked him what he was listening to as he edited the book...he told me "'Requiem for Soprano, Mezzo Soprano, Two Mixed Choirs and Orchestra'...it's the sound the Monolith makes in '2001: A Space Odyssey'". Uh, right.

Keep all bones away from him, he's evolving. And he is definitely not from around here, anymore. And by "here" I don't mean any geographical point on any map. I mean this universe.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved