Monday, August 28, 2006

Lips Loose in Los Angeles


I really can't say enough about the wonderful reaction to our latest music and poetry fusion, "Right Set of Lips". It is gratifying and fun to hear the feedback and see the counter zoom as more people listen and refer it to their friends...this tells me that we are onto something.

If you haven't yet given it a listen, you can find it on my City of Legends website under the 'Radio Page'. That version is framed by my intro and the usual theme music from the podcast, From Out of the City...which adds what may be unnecessary adornment to a simple, straightforward piece, one kind soul compared it to the stripped down "Blackbird" by The Beatles. I am aware that this is probably hyperbole from someone wanting a free book or laid, but it is still food for a much-battered ego.

If you just want to hear the raw piece you can get it at my MySpace site, along with a few other pieces: http://www.myspace.com/williamfdevaultandthegodsoflove.

I am still pulling together my last minute plans for Los Angeles. I will be there from September 12-19, just a couple weeks away, and still have not worked out all the details of where I am staying and who I'll be visiting with. If you're an old friend I have misplaced, or a reader who wants to buy me lunch, or an eccentric but gorgeous billionaire romantic poetry fan, you can drop me a line at williamfdevault@cityoflegends.com .

I am planning to meet with my friend Lenny, if time and funds allow make a day trip to Joshua Tree to recharge my spiritual batteries, and (duh) attend my daughter's wedding. The rest is fluid...I have been told not to expect to be entertained or tapped for any duty by the wedding planners, and my desire to spend some time with my sons on the loose in my city may be thwarted.

Sigh.

Top Ten people I'd most like to hear from before I go?

Dar, Alisha, Bob Davi (I lost his email address...believe it or not), Avi, Dave Demeter, Sandy (unlikely, but I still think of her as a friend), Kevin Rapp, Lauren, George Clooney (Hey, I hear he's good on letting people crash at his place), Elizabeth Roses (I should have asked her out), Q and Ellen. I know Larry has moved to Florida. The Panther lives in LA now, but I am pretty sure her hubby and anyone asociated with the wedding would be scandalized if we sat down to tea (and we all know I avoid scandal at all costs).

The odds on any of those? I fully expect one or two surprises, but won't hold my breath. Blue is not a good colour for me.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved