Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Rereading the Cliff's Notes on my lovelife

Nothing personal, my absence...just have been distracted and delayed at almost every turn. For some strange reason, to a certain depth, attractive women seem to be getting in my path. Not for relationships, either short term or long term, but to ask favours, seeks counsel, etc.

It's a weakness I have, playing the big brother, the Dutch uncle, the gender-neutral friend, sort of like the old Jerry Seinfeld routine about guys letting pretty girls merge in traffic. A part of your brain keeps telling you that if you show you're a nice guy, there will be reward someplace. Someplace.

I love it when a woman you have interest in decides you would make a good friend for helping her with her current relationship problems. Usually it is to give a fair and balanced opinion of their current boyfriend, their behaviour or to use as a sounding board while they vent about the sexual demands (or lack thereof) that he presents.

Shoot me. Just shoot me and get it over with.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved