Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Right Set of Lips and old friends from coast to coast

I spoke with my old friend Lenny this evening. A great guy and one of my few remaining links to the old Los Angeles I was connected to...okay, the second generation LA. It happens. You drift away or redefine your circle of friends when you marry or get involved with someone...or move away.

Lenny has been solid and resolute and is just a great guy...we resolved to get together when I am in town next month.

I also ran into, in chat, my friend Barbara Holmes, known in the old world of AOL's Writers Club as TwisterB. We had a nice talk. I miss the camaraderie of that institution. It really took a hit when Wired Magazine decided to declare it the best place for cybersex on the web. Suddenly, we didn't have so many writers, we had a lot of people just cruising. It became oppressive.

I put up the new show on the Radio page at City of Legends. It features just my new piece with the band, "Right Set of Lips". Hopeful, romantic and even a trace erotic, it is wonderfully enhanced by the music. Gradually, inch by inch, the line between accompanied poetry reading and song is blurring...

If you want to hear it outside of the frame of the From Out of the City podcast, you can retrieve it at my page on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/williamfdevaultandthegodsoflove. It's worth the two minutes and change...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved