Thursday, August 17, 2006

feeding on myself

Strange day...the day after my birthday, truly strange. I made some good connections. Found out some important, and generally positive stuff.

And came to the conclusion that I am in this all, alone. There are days I feel like a fraud, the "Romantic Poet of the Internet", the "living legend", the "Amomancer". I feel like the burnt body, near death, crawling with one good arm from the carnage of a life, having to depend on his will to live, alone, to make it to...to what? A painful and ultimately futile recovery?

Yes, the talent is there, the intellect, but it is like I am slowly peeling away the inside of a hollowing ball to convince the audience that it is full of something that no longer remains. The machine runs, the output comes out...

but there is nothing going in to fuel it, to be processed into the magic elixir of love and hope. So, it feeds on itself.

I feed on myself.

Is everyone a self-parasitizing organism? I don't know. Perhaps they are and just some/many/most/all are unaware of it. Maybe I am like Neo in the Matrix, awakening in my cell, seeing the illusions shatter and splash and dash themselves out in the raw air of truth, only to be ultimately flushed away, discarded.

The debris of what, in the end, was an illusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.....Happy Birthday a few days late from a nameless, faceless, windy apparition! I sort of like it that way, at least my world is my own, lonely but still my own? I really have to say to you that the things you write sound so much like how I feel that you scare the shit out of me! I really enjoy your blog and in my current state of oneness your insights have become one thing that I truely look forward to. I was glad to see that you took your needed break from something and I was impressed with the last pod cast. My favorite was Strange But Beautiful! You are living and feeling your world outloud so please don't run away...your friends and family are here and where you need to be to continue to share it all... some painful, some joyous but all that only you can share the way that you do, so eloquently, for the world to marvel at and wish that they could feel it all and say it in the way that you do. If we never realize or are able to measure the value of our influence while we are living , will the fact that we are noted and placed in history after we are gone....even matter? Could we just be seeking it as our own justification for a life proved worth while and successful? Then maybe we have to reform our evaluations of ourselves to disallow those from which we hailed, created and loved with every ounce of our being , from letting their own absent,listless or self directed versions of loving or celebrating us over shadow who we are and the depth for which we feel,express and love. Maybe I should have started with an Ahem...(Iloved that) but I take the podium as I feel needed..sorry! I never claimed to not have an opinion...just no face or name! Hah, Hah. In the words of Jon Bonjovi .... Have a nice day and ...Who says you can't go home!!! Or stay home... it is where your heart is...isn't it?

beLLe said...

~I am laughing because it seems like we have come here (blogspot) together...from different routes, but we've arrived on the same page...lol

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry...I missed your birthday love...Happy belated...looking forward to the new book~~~~

your baby sis~
~M

William F. DeVault said...

Sigh. My minions speak.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved